Wednesday, June 4, 2014

#Inspired Life


 Candace


 I had the joy of working as an inspector for the June 3rd election yesterday. This was something that my mom and I did together so when the County Registrar office called me a few months ago to participate I felt it was my mama saying "Hey Baby".

 As time grow closer all the things the county was requesting of me and the time frame to do it in, I decide I would back out. To my surprise everything I thought was my way out; for this sweet lady at the County Registrar's office it was her way to a solution. I laughed and said "OK you got me".

 As inspector you are the leader and go to person for any and all things needed. You have 3-4 clerks that work with you at the polling place, setting up, breaking down and assisting voters throughout the day. It is wonderful to see people come together to celebrate this great country and the Democrat way.  

One of my clerks Nick (let's call him that) starting this conversation "why do landlords keep raising your rent, because they want to kick you out, people just want to keep you down. You can't get ahead no matter what" 2 of the other clerks where quick to the Amen brother you got that right!! Nick turning to me for confirmation I smiled and said "I choose to live from a different place in my thoughts" I saw Nick's eyes light up and say "What are you talking about we don't have a choice, they have all the power" he went on to say " we are poor, you are poor all of us here are poor and poor people don't have a choice" I took a deep breath and I loving said "Nick, I'm not poor and my life is not controlled by "they" how great it is to know  that we both are Right in our own thinking about ourselves.  I respect your view of your life I can only speak on my life and you can only speak on yours. He stood up and said " I know your poor look at your car" I let out a loud laugh, it gave everyone the freedom to laugh and breath as Nick continued on his rampage. I realized in that moment that he was my gift, there was no way for him to hear me but I certainly could hear his pain. I began to send loving light his way and most importantly I saw his True Self, the Divine Self, the Infinite Self that is always there ready and available.

Inspiration is all around us and it comes from joy just as much as it comes from pain I felt grateful for this encounter, feeling nothing but love and joy flowing through me. Having no attachment to anything that was said instead Inspired by the opportunity to know Spirit, no matter what.

In the mist of pain their is joy. The Presence is always with us in every moment which means to me that inspiration is only a thought away, a feeling to tap into, an awareness of how great we truly are. Thank you Nick for inspiring me to look beyond, see beyond and to hear beyond the appearance. 


Big Hugs
www.ginosings.com




No comments:

Post a Comment